Adult day care helps to remedy issues many older adults face, by offering a place to go every day while receiving supervision, nutritious meals, mental and physical stimulation, and companionship.
- Maintain independence levels
- Experience social engagement with others
- Keep physical abilities intact
- Receive needed supervision
- Have enhanced quality of life
- Extend the time a loved one remains at home
- Reduce personal anxiety, guilt and worry
- Continue to maintain employment
- Reduce stress and get much needed relief from caregiving responsibilities
Adult day care is a less expensive option than in-home care or long term care facilities.
900 Roberts Drive ? Gastonia, NC, 28054 ? 704-866-3677
1122 S. Main Street ? Mt. Holly, NC, 28120 ? 704-827-9148
Call 704 862-7540 for information
Adult and Aging Services:
- Family Caregiver Support Program
- Guardianship Services
- Home-Delivered Meals
- In-Home Aide Services
- Protective Services for Adults
- Special Assistance In-Home Program
- Transportation Services .
How to Apply for Services
The individual needing services or someone acting on the individual's behalf can call the Intake Line at 704-862-7540 to request assistance. Requests for assistance can also be made in person at the Adult and Aging Services Division of the Department of Social Services, 330 N. Marietta St., Gastonia, North Carolina.
To report instances of abuse, neglect or exploitation of an older or disabled adult, please call 704-862-7575 immediately. Your call will be kept confidential.
We are always in need of volunteers , please call 704-862-7540.